- On the motorway, we used Traffic Info to find out if there were any jams on our route.
- The spirit level was useful, not to find a level spot for the tent (impossible) but to make sure that the stone coasters were level for our cups of tea and the stove.
- Weather info, of course, but only when I had a signal.
- I read a bit of an ibook in the dark.
- The Dictionary helped us with the crossword or more precisely it helped me to spell daiquiri correctly!
- I took a few photos but my proper camera is better.
- I attempted to amuse C with the SAS Survival Guide (dismal failure!)
- Used the alarm clock to wake us up (not entirely necessary)
- Sent a text message.
- Used the stop watch to do some navigation timing.
What we did not use it for:
- Navigation – map and compass were all we needed. GPS just a backup for the real thing.
- Making a phone call!
Please visit Map and Compass and learn how to interpret a map with me and my navigation partner, Cath.